Category: Advice & How-To
Regular price: $5.23
Deal price: Free
Deal starts: December 30, 2018
Deal ends: January 02, 2019
Inspiring stories of communities coming together to harvest their own rain, and how you can do it too.
This book is for everyone, especially:
- Community members: Get inspired and take action. Learn from the lessons of previous systems. This book is already being used to build inspired systems around the world.
- Makers: Find the DIY details ready to be adapted to your local and global projects. See how other makers solved their problems.
- Teachers: Use this in your Middle School, High School, and University courses. Provides context for education and practical experience to back up math, science, and social curriculum. Includes problem-sets to reinforce the knowledge in the book.
- Students: Rejoice in strong practical reasons to be learning. The real stories bring the math and technical details to life. The custom diagrams and pictures deepen the learning.
- Homesteaders: Size your system so that you have the water you need, when you need it.
- International development workers: Be ready with appropriate systems and examples.
- Preppers: Build systems to be water secure. Have the book around in case you need it!
- Practivistas: Expand the resilience and impact of the idea that, instead of telling people what not to do, we can build better systems that people want to do.
- People looking for inspiration and follow-through.
To Catch the Rain includes project details and images from dozens contributors to the Appropedia Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to "sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives." Up-to-date resource pages on Appropedia support each of the projects and resources in the book for long term follow-up. Some of the projects have been updated periodically online for over a decade!